April 17, 2011

One week of Sun, One week till Paris

Good news and really bad in a very annoying way news. The good: forecast for this week is 70s and low 50s! On Thursday I am going at 11pm on a bus to Paris!

The Bad: The University (since I applied to the regular before the honors) assumed I will be leaving Europe after classes, so my permit will expire may 21. This gives me until June 21 to legally leave the country without being fined or have future issues to come back to the states. However, my flight is scheduled for some time after that date, and now I will have to pay a $150 fee to change it! Along with having much less time to travel, at least in the Netherlands. Almost all the other exchange students received an expiration date of July 1st, since that is when the dorm keys have to be returned. I will hopefully have something figured out soon!

I'll keep you posted.

Anyways, much work was completed this week. I have a test, presentation and paper due this week. On Saturday UCU hosted a a school from Amsterdam, and somewhere else in the Netherlands (I just know it was UCM), for a school spirit and all around competitions. During the day debates, art competitions, and sporting events (which UCU won the soccer match) were held. At night, a battle of the bands and improve show was held in the auditorium. It was fun and the most school spirit I have seen since I arrived here.

I need to go finish my project. I will update again on Tuesday when I return from Paris!

Vaarwel!

No comments:

Post a Comment