March 7, 2011

Prom!

So this past Friday was Prom night. Which was similar to my prom, but there was no formal dinner before. It was a 'fancy' party on a boat where everyone dressed formally. Some Dutch students told me they have Prom every year here (not in high school), and it is not secluded to only seniors or juniors. Since, I had no formal tux, I borrowed (as a joke) a kimono silk jacket which people thought was impressive! Overall it was a lot of fun!

 Blogger has been freaking out on me, which is why I couldn't post yesterday, and now I cannot upload pictures from Prom so I will try again later. Anyways, the rest of the weekend was spent outlining cognitive neuroscience and completing a presentation in which I must summarize two articles and create a model (on paper) of the articles - in the sense that there should be a clear way to describe them both using a model.

Most of the week was spent calmly hanging out on campus, people were in memorial for a student who was found dead at her home (suicide - unknown reasons), and another student was hit by a drunk driver and was almost paralyzed/brain damaged. This week is going to be non-stop studying since mid-terms are next week. Although there is an open mic night on Wednesday which I might attend.

The sun has finally come out a lot more often and it feels like it is almost 50 degrees every day which a month ago I would have thought was crazy but now, it is actually very warm (in the sun at least). Italy for spring break is forecast to be in the low to mid 60s, which I am greatly looking forward to!

It worked! I am on the right.
My friends and I are going to try travel around the Netherlands and Utrecht more. Everyone gets so caught up traveling around Europe, that they forget to travel their own country! Especially since the Netherlands is quite small. There is a flower festival on April 16, famous for Holland's tulips! The Black Keys are coming to Amsterdam, so I will try to attend that! Along with finding some windmills.

Random fact: I found out that the first semester for students here at UCU does NOT count towards their GPA!

I don't think there is much else to say so I will go back to studying for Clinical Psychology.

Vaarwel!

No comments:

Post a Comment