February 27, 2011

Brussels was extremely fun! Some of the pictures last week showed my friends and I at the fine arts museum which had a Rene Magritte exhibit, a musical instrument museum which had 4 floors of instruments and amazing city views, waffles, a bar with a record of 2004 beers on tap, tiny restaurants where waiters harass you to come in and a good amount of walking around the city.

Throughout the week I attended classes for the most part. On Monday my unit decided to have a roommate dinner where they made pancakes (although it was so dry it tasted like flat bread), but it was fun! I also realized that this school is so small, that they don't have any sport teams, outside of the sports club. This is the first college I've heard about having a yearbook as well. Oh, and PROM! Apparently once a year they have prom at UCU. Which doesn't really make sense to me, but I think ill go (not in anything fancy, since the best attire I brought are button down shirts and jeans), but the theme is Titanic, and we will be going to a ship at Utrecht harbor.

This past weekend was very relaxing. I mostly hung out with friends and studied, since I have my first quiz tomorrow in Psycholinguistics and midterms are in two weeks. Other than that, the week went by pretty quickly, I was in town some days just getting to know the city and locations of all the stores.

I am not planning any trips until Spring Break. But a bunch of people are renting a house in Italy (under 10euro a day) in ISCHIA which is located off the coast of Naples. So we will be able to do day trips to Naples/Pompeii, Rome, and other historic sites near by.

But I have to go study!

Vaarwel!

No comments:

Post a Comment