March 17, 2011

Spring Break soon!

So I finally finished midterms! They are MUCH more difficult here than any midterms I have ever taken back home! All of my classes, except for Clinical Psych had only 12, yes 12 short answer questions for 2 months of material! For example, Cognitive Neuroscience was seven (7) chapters of information all crammed into 12 questions. I think I did well on the exams, but it did not seem like a fair way to measure if students understood the material. Especially since classes are taught so generally and the questions were so specific.

Anyways, I got my hair cut outside the country for the first time and it is MUCH more expensive (20+ euro). About twice as much as what I would pay. They also offered my coffee or tea which was unusual, to me at least.

Last night a student had his grandmother give a lecture about the Holocaust since she is a survivor. It was interesting and heartfelt.

Spring break starts tomorrow! I am leaving at 7am from Amsterdam to Ischia Italy! about a 2.5 hour flight. I will be spending the week on the island and will do day trips to Naples and surrounding areas like Pompeii and Capri Island. I am going to try to couch surf, although I am having no luck finding a host as of now :[

I will have limited internet access and only return on Monday morning, so I will update the blog around then!

Vaarwel!

No comments:

Post a Comment